Beginning Monday, November 9, the Chestertown building will be reopening on a limited basis to provide additional in-demand services, including public computers and browsing.
The space has been outfitted, rearranged, and equipped to offer services in a way that is safe for the public and staff. Please be aware of these changes and follow directions and guidelines provided by staff when you visit.
Library To Go will continue to operate at all three KCPL locations.
- Computer use (30-minute session per person per day)
- Browsing & checkout of materials
- Item requests & hold pickup
- Assistance with requesting items
- Questions answered by librarians
- Free wifi
- Printing & copying
- Device charging stations
- One-on-one computer help
- Tech help appointments
- Meeting room use
- In-person programming
- Donations of books and other items
In order to accommodate regular disinfecting of the public space and to support the continuation of Library To Go services, KCPL's Chestertown Branch will be offering in-building services Monday-Friday 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm.
During these hours, a limited number of patrons will be allowed in the building on a first come, first served basis.
Yes. Library To Go services will continue at all three KCPL locations.
Use the Library To Go form to view available times and schedule appointments. If you have questions or would like assistance with this process, please call 410-778-3636.
When You Arrive
- Building occupancy will be limited. You may need to wait to enter until another person exits.
- Use the Calvert Street (parking lot) entrance.
- If you are returning materials, use the bookdrop in the parking lot.
- You will be greeted at the door by library staff and receive information about current library procedures.
Health & Safety Requirements
- If you feel ill, please visit another time.
- All library users ages 5 and up must wear a mask covering nose and mouth at all times.
- Maintain distance of 6 feet from others.
- Sanitize your hands when entering the library.
- No food or drink permitted.
- Your amount of time in the building will be limited.